www.mandelamylifeexhibition.com (the “Site”) is an online service owned and operated by IEC Exhibitions Pty Ltd (“IEC”).
What information do we collect?
Information you provide. We collect information from you when you place an order on our Site, sign up to a wait-list on our Site, indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from us or make an inquiry or complaint. Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example people making a purchase on your behalf or third parties we are working with.
Also, from time to time we may collect personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company we are dealing with.
When engaging with us, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter certain kinds of personal information such as your name, mailing address and other contact details (like your phone number), your email address, your date of birth, your gender or credit card information. You may, however, visit our Site for some purposes anonymously. For more information on Cookies and Tracking, please see below.
Automatically collected information. Some of the information is automatically collected and will not personally identify you but instead track your use of the Site. This may include your device’s unique identifying code or its IP address as well as statistics about how your use the Site. We obtain this information by our use of ‘Cookies’ and similar technologies. Please see below for more information on Tracking and Cookies.
What do we use your information for?
We may use the information we collect for our general commercial purposes such as to improve and grow our business and to offer you our own, our affiliates’ or third party products or services that think you may find of interest. Generally, we only use personal information for the primary purpose for which we collect it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our aim is to be upfront with you about how we use your personal information so that you can make decisions about your dealings with us. Our potential uses of the personal information which we collect (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:•
- Processing and fulfilling your ticket booking for Nelson Mandela My Life: The Exhibition (“Event”);
- Personalising your experience eg by displaying content and advertising that is customised for you both on and off the Site;
- Improving customer service and to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our Site and other services;
- Notifying you of a change in Event details such as the cancellation of or a time change for an Event session or the Event;
- Contacting you about your transactions or the replacement of lost tickets;•
- With your consent, so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- So that the venue operator for the Event, and authorised ticket onsellers and official sponsors, can use it for operational purposes and, if you consent, marketing and promotional purposes;
- To allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you;
- Detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling;
- Business research and development of new products and services;
- Facilitating the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners may run;
- Verification of identity;
- Responding to inquiries and complaints handling; and
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Use of Personal Information by us for marketing
As noted above, one the of reasons we collect your personal information is so that, if you consent, we can keep you updated through a variety of channels about upcoming events, company news, promotions and related product or service information.
The marketing communications that we send to you will contain unsubscribe instructions but you can contact us anytime if you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing purposes or to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes.
Sometimes, we extract information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. We use the aggregated data for research and analysis purposes and may share the data with third parties.
How do we hold and protect your information?
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
IEC protects the personal information we collect from the Site in a secure database (not directly reachable by the internet) which is stored by its third party data storage provider. IEC encrypts data sent from your computer to its systems during internet transactions and it encrypts data stored in its databases. It also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorized persons and viruses from entering its systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Please note that email communications are not secure, so please limit the personal information you send us by email.
What happens if we do not collect your personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with us. You may be able to make a cash transaction at a retail agency without providing personal information.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Access to your information and your choices
We endeavour to keep your personal information accurate. Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that IEC holds about you and seek its correction. You may Contact Us to amend any of your personal information that is inaccurate or request that your personal information be deleted. We will use reasonable efforts promptly to amend or delete your records as requested. If applicable, any legal requirement on us to maintain certain records of your personal information shall prevail over any of your requests. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
You can choose not to receive emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
Tracking and Cookies
Sometimes our Site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-IEC website, please understand that IEC are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our Site, ad serving companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our website. For further information about this, we suggest you refer to the privacy policies of Omniture, Double Click, Nielsen/NetRatings and Google Analytics.
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you, for example, who help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our Site, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals or advertising and marketing services on our behalf. Please note that (as set out above) these third party contractors and service providers may be located in Australia or outside Australia including in the United State of America, the United Kingdom and/or the Phillipines;
- to the venue operator, authorised ticket onsellers and official sponsors who (unless they obtain a separate consent from you) use it for operational purposes only, for example, to provide you with additional information about the Event;
- to other TEG Pty Ltd group companies (“TEG Group Companies”) and their contractors (such as data management providers). These TEG Group Companies include TicketekPty Ltd, TEG Pty Ltd, Softix Pty Limited, TEG Live Pty Limited, TEG Dainty Pty Ltd, TEG Rewards Pty Limited, Eventopia Pty Ltd, and any entities that may in future become TEG Group Companies (see t-e-g.com.au for a current list). IEC may disclose your personal information to these entities for the purposes of, for example, ensuring that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date, producing anonymised and aggregated information for the benefit of other TEG Group Companies, and enabling us and other TEG Group Companies to better understand and meet your needs and interests;
- to other companies in the International Entertainment Consulting Pty Ltd group of companies (“IEC Group Companies”) and their contractors (such as data management providers). These group companies include Marquee Exhibition Pty Ltd and IEC Exhibitions Pty Ltd and any entities that may in future become IEC Group Companies (contact IEC for a current list). IEC may disclose your personal information to these entities for the purposes of, for example, ensuring that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date, producing anonymised and aggregated information for the benefit of other IEC Group Companies, and enabling us and other IEC Group Companies to better understand and meet your needs and interests.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under relevant legislation; or
- if you have consented to the disclosure
- if the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you
- if the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 16 October 2017